PRESENTING THE CHARACTERS & CULTURE OF SONIC•PARLOR
The entire universe of characters & songs collected here takes place in one mind,
suspended in the narcosis brought on by the subconscious, the twilight sleep,
in order to create the space necessary to metaphorically comprehend and challenge
what lies ahead upon waking.
Ultimately your burden is born upon you.
While others may share your burden, or put themselves in your struggle,
you initiate the process everyday of knowing that day is the day to say,
'I am not'.
And that is when the shadow looms.
For if you can be not, and I can be not, and we can be not,
then is any of this real?
We understand that none of this is real.
Our reality is in it's own twilight sleep.
We are in the twilight, struggling to comprehend what is to come,
rising to become.
Telling ourselves what we want to be real.
And therein lies the 'hope',
The Dragon that never dies.
Promise that you will live.
Promise that you will smile.
Promise that you'll find peace...
Just a little while.
Shall guard against the House of Despair.
Shall hold vows firm to the wandering.
Shall outspread arms for the reaching hands.
Shall offer dreams to all the falling.
Rise to become... One. With Yourself.
- Just a little while...
- I'll find myself...
- This is the last sixty seconds till dawn...
- The master is the one you give control...
- I can shine like the sun...
- I hold the vow of the falling...
- Hope rises from our dreams...
- When the time has come, you shall be the one...
- I share this fate with you....
- I stand unbroken...
- I am not...
- Rise to become...
- The Dragon never dies...
13 WAYS OF AWARENESS
- Helplines, crisis lines, and suicide hotlines from around the world (click here)
- The Do’s and Don’ts of Supporting Someone in a Mental Health Crisis (click here)
- How to Get Out of a Crisis (click here)
- Should I reach out for help, or am I experiencing normal stress? (click here)
- I think my friend needs help, but how can I know for sure? (click here)
- How do I know if I need help? (click here)
- How to be ok in stressful times (click here)
- Create a daily self-care ritual (click here)
- Hope Will Not Be Cancelled (click here)
- To Anyone Struggling (click here)
- Stories of Hope and Recovery (click here)
- Understanding the issues concerning suicide and mental health (click here)
- How Listening to Music Can Have Psychological Benefits (click here)